The Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge #67

Hi Everyone!

I'm Back!! It gets a little hetic over Christmas working in retail so I haven't had much time to blog, but a new year is here and I have lots of plans for 2016! So let's get the year started with an Artful Stampers Challenge! 

If you have hopped on over from Tamsin's Blog welcome! 

This week we have a sketch to work with: 


I had made a batch of cards earlier on the week (which I'll share later on), so I decided to make a box for them to go inside of, the really good thing about this design is you could easily adapt it to suit a card front! I decided to go for a birthday theme as it would make a great birthday gift, here is the end result!


I'm in love! I love how it turned out, and look at that gorgeous paper! It's a freebie from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue - Perfectly Artistic on page 19 a limited time product, so get in quick! It reminds me of the shaving foam technique (without the mess!) 


The cards fit in there perfectly! 

Here are the measurements for the box:



And here is a breakdown of the products used on the box: 


Kathryn's Tips! 

Tip #1- Use hairspray to make your bakers twine stiff, otherwise it'll look limp. 


Tip #2- 

Cut along the lines of the Party Pop-Up thinlet, to separate the image from the cardstock and create an individual element. 


Tip #3- 

Use a sponge to colour and your ink pads to colour the thinlet. I started off with Calypso Coral from the top to the middle, then from the bottom I blended in Smoky Slate and then to finish off I blended some Melon Mambo into the Calypso Coral to give it a gradient effect.

Tip #4- Add some Wink of Stella to the cake stand to add a extra bit of sparkle! 

I hope you have enjoyed this weeks project and inspired you to try something new! 

Now it's time to hop along to Anna's Blog and see what she has been up to! 

And as always here is a list of this week's participants: 


Kathryn Carr ----------> YOU ARE HERE

See you next time! 

Kathryn x 

Comments

  1. Great card pack! Love your tip about the hairspray and bakers twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gradient effect on the birthday cake

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card and yes great tip on the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea for card packaging. I think it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that you used the sketch for a box for those beautiful cards. The butterfly and the twine add the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Card packs are great! Yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Kathryn, that DSP is so pretty and it works in so well with your sponge coloured sentiment piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous set of cards! I love how you did your sentiment and thanks for the tip re the hairsprayed twine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts