Thankyou Card - Sneak Peek

Hi Everyone, 

When I first started this blog off back in 2012 I used to participate in a challenge blog, where you would create a project and share it on the blog and anyone could participate in them. Anyway they took a break and have never came back. I haven't done any since. 

So I have decided to get back into doing some challenge blogs. 

Today I am going to be doing a challenge from the SU-Only Challenges blog

This week they have the challenge to create a project using black and white, with a pop of colour, you can find the blog post here

Here is what I came up with: 




I love the idea of making my own background, and that's what I did here. As you can see I used Sweet Sugarplum as my pop of colour, and I love it! I also stamped the inside with the same pattern, but forgot to take a photo of it. 

I used a stamp from a new and upcoming stamp set- Thoughtful Branches. This stamp set will be only available for the month of August, so keep an eye out for it! 

How did I make the card? 

What you'll need: 

*Whisper White A4 cardstock
*Sweet Sugarplum A4 cardstock
*Sweet Sugarplum ink pad 
*Memento - Tuxedo Black ink pad 
*Thoughtful Branches stamp set 
*2016-2018 In Color enamel shapes 

Steps: 

1. Cut a piece of Whisper White A4 cardstock in half at 14.8cm, then fold in half, also cut a piece which measures 3-5/8" x 5-3/8" 
2. Cut a piece of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock to 3-7/8" x 5-5/8" 
3. On your Whisper White layer, stamp your sentiment towards the bottom right hand corner with Sweet Sugarplum ink
4. Using the leaf out of the Thoughtful Branches stamp set, stamp the rest of the Whisper White layer in black (Stamp around the sentiment first, then stamp up from that, stamp in rows) 
5. Attach the Sweet Sugarplum layer to the Whisper White card base, and then attach the stamped layer
6. To finish it off add a couple of enamel shapes above the sentiment, and stamp the inside (bottom) with the same stamp (4 black, 1 Sweet Sugarplum) 

How simple is that? Hope you have enjoyed this week's card. 

And I'll see you tomorrow for another Artful Stampers challenge!

Kathryn x 

Comments

  1. Wow your card is amazing and your stamping is awesome. Such precision. So glad you joined the fun at SUO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool effect with the stamped leaves in the background! I was wondering what DSP it was until I read your description! Thanks for playing along with the Black & White with a POP of color challenge on SUO Challenges this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the use of the stamp for the background along with your pop of color :-) Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts