The Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge #69

Hi Everyone! 

If you have hopped on over from Tamsin's Blog Welcome! 

This week we have a theme for our challenge and it is:



So for those of you who don't know what monochromatic is, here is a definition off Google:


Sounds easy enough? I decided for this challenge to step outside of the box, and show you another use for our ink refills, so I have made a home decor project, and it's something you can even do with the kids! 

I got the idea from a craft activity I did with my Cubs a couple of months ago, and I decided to see if it would work with Stampin' Up! products and it did. I'm so thrilled with the results! Here is the project: A decorative salt art bottle: 




How cute is it? Does it remind you of something you did back in school? With the Cubs we used food colouring to colour the salt, but today I have used our ink refills, and decorated it with a tag. Now this bottle is sitting proudly in my bedroom, and matches in perfectly with my colour scheme!  The lighting is dodgy (everything's yellow!) in my bedroom, so these photos outside will have to do. 

Here is a breakdown of the products I used: 


And a closeup of the tag: 



Kathryn's Tips: 

Tip #1 - Use about 4-5 drops of ink refill at first, then add more if needed. See below picture of what I used. 

Tip #2 - Use a zip lock bag to mix the salt and ink refill 

Tip #3 - Cut the tip off one of the corners to make pouring into the bottle easier. 

Tip #4 - Have you ever thought about dying linen thread? Just mix some ink refill and water, soak the linen thread, and then dab off any excess with a tissue. 


The dyed linen thread! How gorgeous is that colour! I used Blackberry Bliss.

And here are what colours I used and the different layers, hopefully you can see by the photo: 


Wow lots of photos! But I hope I have inspired you to try something new. Now it's time to hop along to Leah's blog and see what she has been up to this week! 

Just one more photo! 


 And as always here a list of this weeks participants: 

Kathryn Carr -------> YOU ARE HERE

See you next time! 

Kathryn x



Comments

  1. WOW! A great way to create a monochromatic project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decor project - and much patience! My fingers would be super inky after that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts