It's My Party Suite - Birthday Card #1

Lest we forget. 

Hey Everyone! 

And welcome back! It's been over 2 months since I posted last - Whoops! 

I'm back today with another Artful Stampers blog hop Challenge; Challenge #82, and if you have hopped on over from Tamsin's blog welcome! 

This week we have a sketch to work with: 



I have decided to use the It's My Party Suite from the Occasions catalogue, and make you 3 different cards for the next 3 weeks, I'm going to do a basic card, then a stepped up version. We'll start off with the basic card, and you won't need anything fancy to re create this card, this is all you will need: 

-Scissors
-Trimmer
-Your favourite DSP
-Your favourite stamp set 
-Coordinating cardstock in 3 colours
-Adhesive
-A pencil
-Something circular to trace around like a jar lid

Here is how it turned out: 



I love how it turned out and how simple it is to put together. This is all you need to do: 

For all the measurements see the photo below

1. After cutting an A4 piece of cardstock in half, fold the card base in half (just use your fingers to crease the fold) 
2. Attach the DSP to the card base
3. Cut the banner by snipping the cardstock in the middle about 1/2" in, and then cut up to the middle from the corners (hope that all makes sense) 
4. Trace your jar lid onto some coloured cardstock, and also onto some Whisper White, cut both of these out, except cut the Whisper White circle a little bit smaller so we can layer both these pieces together, and don't be too fussy, the quirky circle really makes this card! 
5. Stamp your desired image, and or greeting onto the Whisper White circle
6. Attach the Whisper White circle onto the coloured circle 
7. Then attach the banner onto your DSP layer, and then layer the circle over top, and your done! How easy was that? 





 Here's a closeup of that banner layer: 




I also stamped the inside of the card: 



Now to step it up! Now all I did, was lifted up both circle layers with some dimensionals, added some pearls to the cake stand, some enamel dots for a pop of colour, and some Whisper White baker's twine underneath the circle layers. 





A closeup of the stepped up card: 





See how a bit of bling/twine can make a card really pop! I also stepped up the inside of the card by adding a layer of Whisper White: 




I hope I have inspired you to try something new, and to show you that you don't need much to create a simple card. 

Now it's time to hop on over to Anna's Blog, where I'm sure she has a gorgeous card waiting for you! 

And as always a list of this week's participants: 



I'll see you next week for another card from the It's My Party Suite!

Kathryn x

PS. Here is a photo with all the products I used for both cards (except the embellishments)



Comments

  1. Lovely card, I love the inside stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this birthday card - I love that the DSP goes so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bright & cheery birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Adding bling can also make the difference between a card being masculine or feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great birthday card - love all the little extras :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you stepped it up by adding the bling. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts