Masking Card with Playful Palette Suite

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to the final week of the Playful Palette Suite! 

If you have hopped on over from Mercia's Blog welcome! We are on blog hop 90 and this week we have a theme for our challenge; masking.


I have really simple card for you today. I had lots of thoughts on how to incorporate the suite into this card and this is what I came up with: 


So how did I do it? 

1. I cut a piece of DSP and copy paper to 9.8cm x 14.3cm 
2. I cut the copy paper at 5cm, and then attached to the DSP with a bit of removable adhesive, slight apart leaving roughly a 2cm gap in the middle
3. I then used a sponge dauber and sponged, Whisper White craft ink, in the gap, I dried it with the heat tool and then did another layer of ink, to give it a more opaque look
4. Once I got the desired look, I took off the mask and dried it again with the heat tool 
5. I then stamped the greeting in Emerald Envy, wrapped a piece of Whisper White thick Baker's Twine underneath my sponged layer, and then finished off with an Emerald Envy enamel shape. 
6. I attached that to my Emerald Envy card base, and that's it! 

How simple was that? 

Here a couple of photos of my process: 


 and a closeup of the masked area:


I hope you have enjoyed this week's card, now it's time to hop on over to Tamsin's Blog and see what she has created this week!

As always a list of this week's participants: 

Kathryn Carr ------------> YOU ARE HERE 


See you next time! 

Kathryn x  


Comments

  1. Love the masking on this DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cool effect. Have never thought to stamp over the top of whisper white craft ink before, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts