Soft Seafoam Watercolour Card

Hey Everyone! 

I'm back today with this week's Artful Stampers Colour Challenge. I'm happy to be able to finally craft again, after doing 4 1/2 weeks of night shift! 

The colour for this week is:



I've been craving and itching to do a watercolour background and I finally had an excuse to do one! So that's what I have done this week, I love the effect watercolour backgrounds give, and how simple and easy it is to achieve. 

Here is how it turned out: 




How gorgeous is that? I was originally going to emboss in white first then do the watercolour background over the top, but I didn't like my first attempt, (and I may have overheated my heat tool and couldn't be bothered to wait for it tool cool down) so I decided to do the water colour background and stamp over the top. My piece of watercolour paper was still damp when I stamped on top so It made the ink bleed a little, but that's ok because I actually like it. 

Supplies Used: 
  • Cardstock:
    • Watercolor Paper - 122959 $8.75
    • Soft Seafoam - 147012 $14.75
  • Ink: 
    • Soft Seafoam - 147102 $13.00
    • Soft Seafoam (ink refill) - 147166 $6.50
  • Stamps: 
    • Perennial Birthday (Clear mount) - 145760 $38.00
    • Bloom by Bloom (Photopolymer) - 148820
  • Adhesives:
    • Snail Adhesive - 104332 $10.00
If you have any questions or if you live in Australia and would like to purchase any of these products then head on over to my Facebook page and give me a message on there! 

That's it for today! 

Kathryn x  



Comments

Popular Posts